Confirmed: We watch a lot of rubbish on YouTube
YouTube Australia have released a few “top lists” of content we Aussies are watching on YouTube and the results are, well, surprising.
Perhaps an indication of the shell I’m living under, I’ve not heard of or seen almost any of these videos.
In terms of Trending Videos, the Ed Sheeran Carpool Karoke is a cracker, and Celebrities Read Mean Tweets is good stuff too – but ladies and gentlemen, what the hell is Superwog? It’s like the worst spin off of Acropolis Now ever, but welcome to the world of YouTube content!
The top ten Aussie Trending videos:
- Superwog Series Pilot
- If Superwog was a Teacher
- “INAUGURATION DAY” — A Bad Lip Reading of Donald Trump’s Inauguration
- Celebrities Read Mean Tweets #11
- Ping Pong Trick Shots 3 | Dude Perfect
- Border Security (Superwog)
- Ed Sheeran Carpool Karaoke
- history of the entire world, i guess
- Darci Lynne: 12-Year-Old Singing Ventriloquist Gets Golden Buzzer – America’s Got Talent 2017
- Content Cop – Jake Paul
Music is big on YouTube, and Ed Sheeran once again makes the list, this time topping the charts:
- Ed Sheeran – Shape of You [Official Video]
- DJ Khaled – I’m the One ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne
- Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like [Official Video]
- Luis Fonsi – Despacito ft. Daddy Yankee
- The Chainsmokers & Coldplay – Something Just Like This (Lyric)
- Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
- Kendrick Lamar – HUMBLE.
- DJ Khaled – Wild Thoughts ft. Rihanna, Bryson Tiller
- Ed Sheeran – Shape Of You [Official Lyric Video]
- Jason Derulo – Swalla (feat. Nicki Minaj & Ty Dolla $ign) (Official Music Video)
And when it comes to up and coming Aussie content creators, apparently it doesn’t get any bigger than this:
These animated short videos are graphically impressive, but confusing as all hell.
The top 10 emerging Aussie creators are: