With product supply returning to the levels seen prior to the Japanese earthquake, Canon has announced some radical price cuts on its Digital Imaging products in Australia.
Add the strength of the Aussie dollar into the mix and it’s really a no brainer that this had to happen. The question is, will everyone else follow?
You can expect up to $500 to be slashed from the price of the Canon EOS 550D down now to $1449 while something like the Powershot SX130 is down $100 to $229.
For more details – click Continue Reading
Examples of some RRP repositions (including GST) from across the range include:
– EOS 550D Super Kit (with EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6IS) Old: $1949 New: $1449
– EOS 60D Premium Kit (with EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS) Old: $2399 New: $1999
– EOS 5D Mk II Premium Kit (with EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM) Old: $4899 New: $4499
– MT24EX Macro Twin Lite to suit the entire EOS range Old: $1499 New: $1199
– HFS20 HD digital video camera
– EF70-300IS EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens Old: $1199 New: $949
– EF40056LU EF 400mm f/5.6L USM
– PIXMA MP5150 multifunction inkjet printer
– PowerShot SX130 compact digital camera
– PowerShot G12 compact digital camera
– IXUS 310 HS compact digital camera
Here’s the full announcement from Canon:
Sydney 4 August 2011: Digital imaging technology leader Canon Australia is bullish on the outlook for the local consumer technology industry as the critical second-half 2011 sales period gets into full swing, citing unprecedented value, product innovation and strong category demand as drivers for future growth. With supply of its consumer imaging products returned to the levels prior to the Japan earthquake disaster of March 11, Canon is investing in programs to attract consumer attention to the value to be had in the Australian retail environment.
“The passion for digital imaging continues in Australia and there’s never been a better time to buy digital imaging technology with the great value available in local retailers,” said Jason McLean, Director – Canon Consumer Imaging, Canon Australia. “We’re taking and sharing more images than ever before and we’re seeing a continuing consumer focus on enhancing the lifestyle experience through upgrades in quality and advanced functionality.”*
Canon has a range of campaigns active through the remainder of the year to help consumers get the creative results they want from their digital imaging devices:
– Canon TruCapture compact digital camera campaign – now it’s possible to capture true-to-life images at the press of a button, even in near-dark situations
– Canon World of EOS – enter a world of creative inspiration dedicated to helping photographers of all levels take their skills further with video tutorials, creative challenges, customised gallery space, and tips and tricks from the experts
– PIXMA Creative Printer campaign – showcases the creative possibilities that a PIXMA inkjet printer makes possible through outstanding print quality, creative media options (photo stickers, CDs/DVDs, T-shirt transfers etc), online resources and software to make getting great results easy.
Major price changes effective August 1
Further stimulating consumer demand, Canon has more than 95 Recommended Retail Price (RRP) repositions taking effect from 1 August across the digital imaging portfolio.
“With more than 95 Recommended Retail Price repositions taking effect this month, Australian consumers can feel confident of receiving great value for money in any of our Authorised local retailers,” continued McLean. “Anyone considering upgrading their imaging technology should check out their retailer and see for themselves the value that’s on offer.”