Every day as a car is sold it’s another notch on the belt for the car salesman, the car dealer and perhaps most importantly the car company. Monthly the data is published and shared and it’s one hell of a competitive thing to have your car ranked above another. The 2014 sales figures are out and we now know the top ten cars of 2014 in Australia.
Before we talk models, lets take a minute to once again look on in awe at the huge success Toyota has in this country. The number 1 car brand once again, and by a long way. Toyota sold 203,501 cars in 2014, ahead of Holden in 2nd place with 106,092 sales and Mazda on the podium too with 100,704.
They were followed by Hyundai, Ford, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Volkswagen, Subaru and Honda.
Car by car though, the battle is HOT!
Last year the Corolla outsold the Mazda 3 by 1,416 vehicles. This year, again at number 1, the Toyota Corolla was only ahead by 422.
Here’s your top ten (in reverse order for suspense!)
10. Volkswagen Golf – 19,545 (up from 17,818)
9. Mazda CX5 – 21,571 (up from 20,129)
8. Toyota Camry – 22,044 (down from 24,860)
7. Mitsubishi Triton – 24,256 (down from 24,512)
6. Ford Ranger – 26,619 (up from 21,752)
5. Holden Commodore – 30,203 (up from 27,776)
4. Hyundai i30 – 31,505 (up from 30,582)
3. Toyota Hilux – 38,126 (down from 39.931)
2. Mazda 3 – 43,313 (up from 42,082)
1. Toyota Corolla – 43,735 (up from 43,498)
Trev is a Technology Commentator, Dad, Speaker and Rev Head.
He produces and hosts two popular podcasts, EFTM and Two Blokes Talking Tech. He also appears on over 50 radio stations across Australia weekly, and is the resident Tech Expert on Channel 9’s Today Show each day and appears regularly on A Current Affair.
Father of three, he is often found down in his Man Cave.