It almost feels offensive to call these Bluetooth Speakers, sure you can connect your phone via Bluetooth and stream music, but that’s just an add-on connectivity feature surely? Have a look at these things, they look like high-end hi-fi system speakers – they are the S1000DB from Edifier.
Edifier say these are “inspired by the classics” and you can see how, the wooden side panels, classic design yet modern edges and tweaks combined with ultra-modern connectivity options.
The Bluetooth aptX streaming offers high-quality wireless sound, but you’ve also got the option of Coaxial, Optical or Auxiliary inputs.
And it’s all controlled with a wireless remote, with each input represented on the front of the speaker by a different coloured LED light so you can see easily what’s selected.
An angle for the front face of the speaker is more than just a design feature, it is specifically tilted to offer a “bigger, more focused sound”.
For the sound nerds looking to check in here are the detailed specs:
- POWER OUTPUT :RMS 25W×2(Treble) +35W×2(Mid-range and bass) = 120W)
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO :≥ 85dBA
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE :48Hz~20KHz (±4dB)
- INPUT SENSITIVITY :PC: 900 ± 50mV | AUX: 700 ± 50mV
- OPT, COX: 350 mFFs ± 50 mFFs
- INPUT TYPE :PC/Auxiliary/Optical/Coaxial/Bluetooth
- MID-RANGE AND BASS DRIVER :5.5 inch
- TREBLE DRIVER :1 inch
The S1000DB from Edifier will set you back $699 and can be purchased on their website.