Direct from Seoul LG have announced globally their latest “friend” companion device will be available in South Korea today and “other key markets” in the weeks ahead – it’s an action cam. With a slight difference.
The LG Action CAM (LTE) appears to be a long cylindrical shape, rather boxy though with rounded edges. Not dissimilar in form to the old Contour cameras as a “pen” style approach but with a square profile.
Key to the Action CAM LTE though is the live streaming capability. With its built-in LTE connectivity, you can stream to YouTube via a 3G or 4G connection.
It’s rated IP67 for dust and sand-proofing and will go a meter underwater.
The camera comes with an included mount which appears from the provided photos to have the “action cam” mount pioneered by GoPro.
You don’t need an LG G5 though, using an android phone and the Action CAM LTE app from Google Play you’ll be able to download and then save and edit videos right on your smartphone.
There’s even talk of the device being used for CCTV and home monitoring after an upcoming software update.
We don’t have a price or date for availability here in Australia yet.
- Camera: 1/2.3-inch 12.3MP (150-degree wide angle lens) / 1.55 x 1.55㎛pixels
- Connectivity: LTE / 3G / Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / USB Type-C 2.0 / Bluetooth 4.1
- Video Recording: UHD 30fps / Full HD 30, 60fps / HD 30, 60, 120fps
- Video Live Streaming: HD (up to 30fps)
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 650 Processor
- Memory: 2GB RAM / 4GB ROM (OS only) / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Size: 35 x 35 x 79.7mm
- Weight: 99g
- Others: IP67 / GPS / Accelerometer / Gyroscope
- Color: Titan Silver