The new PlayStation VR system – better known as PSVR – is launching on October 13, but you don’t have to wait until then to give it a go.
Sony Playstation is partnering with Westfield to give people a chance to strap on the headset and see what all the fuss is about. EFTM’s own Trevor Long gave it a go a while ago and called it “brilliant” and said he “loved every second of it”. And he’s a hard man to impress.
I’ve tried it myself and I’m in the same camp as Trevor: it’s fun, it’s easy to use and PlayStation have a lot of good looking games coming out for it.
If you want to try it out yourself, it’s pretty simple. Just register your interest at www.trypsvr.com. You’ll get an email when bookings go live for the PlayStation VR experience booth. So where and when is it all happening? Well the tour starts in Victoria, heads to ACT, then NSW and end in Queensland.
- Westfield Southland (VIC): 10th-11 September, 2016
- Westfield Knox (VIC): 17-18 September, 2016
- Westfield Belconnen (ACT): 24-25 September, 2016
- Westfield Parramatta (NSW): 8-9 October, 2016
- Westfield Bondi (NSW): 15-16 October, 2016
- Westfield Chatswood (NSW): 22-23 & 29-30 October 2016
- Westfield Hornsby (NSW): 12-13 November 2016
- Westfield Garden City (QLD): 19-20 & 26-27 November 2016
The PSVR goes on sale on October 13 and it’ll cost you $549. Remember, you do need a PlayStation 4 for it to work.