84% of Aussie companies have staff who regularly perform their jobs outside of the traditional office. Sadly, a traditional tablet for those tasks could be problematic as they aren’t exactly made for drops and bumps are they. The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-A2 is just that.
The world’s lightest fully-rugged 10.1 inch Android tablet – so says Panasonic, is ideally suited to those on the go or out and about. Everything you need without having to find a case or cover for your tablet.
And I’m not just talking bumps and scratches. This thing can stand up to the heat, the cold, dust, rain and more.
“More and more workers are working outside traditional office environments to get closer to their customers,” said Stuart Buxton, Senior Product Manager, Toughbook, Panasonic. “This trend is empowering staff, but they need the right technology to suit their work environment.
“Consumer tablets used in the workplace are prone to operational failure, which can cause businesses thousands of dollars in downtime, disruption and repair. The FZ-A2 draws on Panasonic’s 20-year expertise in manufacturing fit-for-purpose rugged devices. By launching the new Toughpad, we’re helping a wide range of organisations who haven’t traditionally used fully rugged devices to boost productivity, minimise downtime, slash field failure rates and reduce Total Cost of Ownership.”
Tough, but still manageable – at 880 grams, and 16.4mm in thickness, it’s a full Android tablet ready to go.
Starting at $2,199 you’ve got to pay for that protection right?
And the standout feature above them all? User-removable battery – nine hours per battery, but hot-swappable for those who need it all day long. Great idea.
Panasonic Toughpad FZ-A2 Key Features
- Intel Atom x5-Z8550 processor
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow (Including Android for Work)
- Fanless design for enhanced protection from temperature, water and dirt
- Intel HD graphics
- 10.1 WUXGA (1,920 x1,200) outdoor display (up to 800 cd/m2
- Capacitive 10-finger multi-touchscreen
- 120cm shock-resistant*
- Water and dust resistant (IP65)*
- Up to 9 hours battery life
- User field exchangeable battery
- Hot swap battery optional (in combination with business expansion module)
- USB 3.1 type C OTG
- Flexible configuration port (20 Barcode Reader, LAN)**
- Integrated business expansion module (Smartcard Reader)**
- Lightweight at approx. 880g
Trev is a Technology Commentator, Dad, Speaker and Rev Head.
He produces and hosts two popular podcasts, EFTM and Two Blokes Talking Tech. He also appears on over 50 radio stations across Australia weekly, and is the resident Tech Expert on Channel 9’s Today Show each day and appears regularly on A Current Affair.
Father of three, he is often found down in his Man Cave.