In New York for Samsung’s Unpacked Note 8 announcement, I took some time out and sat in Central Park to record this short unplugged look at some of the tech news of the last week – talking about rental bikes in big cities, comparing New York to Shenzhen, Officeworks brings the iPhone 6 out of retirement to create the best iPhone deal ever in Australia, NBN full year financial results and ACCC telco advertising recommendations, Vodafone is tearing up contracts with a new approach to plans and phones, The Nokia 8 takes a new approach to cameras, Rev Head Heaven for gamers and the Qantas Facebook scams – all covered this week thanks to Garmin, Alcatel and Trend Micro!
About The Author
Trev is a Technology Commentator, Dad, Speaker and Rev Head. He produces and hosts two popular podcasts, EFTM and Two Blokes Talking Tech. He also appears on over 50 radio stations across Australia weekly, and is the resident Tech Expert on Channel 9’s Today Show each day and appears regularly on A Current Affair. Father of three, he is often found down in his Man Cave. Like this post? Buy Trev a drink!
August 29, 2018
January 4, 2017
Our recent stuff
- Google drops the new Gemini Nano AI onto the Pixel 8 Pro in the December Pixel update
- Ecovacs X2 Omni Review – the new leader in household cleaning technology
- Acer Predator Helios 3D 15 SpatialLabs Edition Review: Glasses free 3D Gaming made easy
- Ford drops the price of the Mustang Mach-E ahead of deliveries this month
- Withings launches new ScanWatch Nova – Luxury style hybrid analogue smartwatch