Osprey is a company that does bags well, we’ve covered camping bags, backpacks and even baby carriers. Quite frankly I’m surprised it doesn’t do bum bags. Now Osprey have announced a new version of the Duffel bag, the “Transporter” duffel series is here and there’s a size and colour to suit you.
Now a duffel bag may well be a big, soft almost sleeping bag looking thing, but Osprey has worked some magic. The Transporter series is designed to be rugged while providing a convenient carry-all solution to suit all occasions. Ranging from 40 to 130-litres you can easily stow as much as you want when headed to the beach, mountain or even the gym. The ultra-durable construction can carry just about any load.
The material is dual-sided TPU coating inside and out. That’s the kind of stuff keyboard protectors and even car dashboards are made from. There’s a stiffened main body fabric with strong protective accent ribs. Wet weather is kept at bay via the use of overlapping zipper flaps and the already protective outer layer.
Some handy features include:
Stowaway Spacer mesh Harness
- Full yoke and contoured harness straps
- Soft breathable contact surface for comfort
- Adjustable sternum strap with safety whistle
- Dual-zippered 3-D end pockets with overlapping rain flaps for quick access to smaller items
- Four burly webbing grab handles
- Side and lower panel web lashing points for securing duffel or attaching gear
- Large, lockable U-zip access to main compartment
- Weather-protected main compartment zip path with overlapping rain flaps
- D-ring attachments for adding a shoulder strap (sold separately)
This is one heck of a duffel bag and comes in five colours, Keystone Grey, Kingfisher Blue, Ruffian Red, Sub Lime and Black. The range and pricing is:
- Transporter 130, $249.95 – 130 litre capacity
- Transporter 95, $229.95 – 95 litre capacity
- Transporter 65, $199.95 – 65 litre capacity
- Transporter 40, $179.95 – 40 litre capacity
Available nationally from September 1st throughout all Osprey dealers.
Click here for more information or to find your closest dealer.
Chris is EFTM’s Motoring Editor, driving everything from your entry level hatch to the latest Luxury cars through to the Rolls Royce.
He has been in the media for 20 years, produced three Olympic games broadcasts, attending Beijing 2008 & London 2012.
Strangely he owns a Toyota Camry Hybrid, he defiantly rejects the knockers.
Chris is married to Gillian and resides in Sydney’s North West. They have Sam the English Springer Spaniel and Felix the Burmese cat to keep them company, and recently welcomed baby Henry to the family.