There’s two new phones from Nokia launching in Australian retail next week with the entry level Nokia 2.1 and mid-range 5.1 available from September 4.
In a move to solidify their emerging base, these devices continue the close partnership between Nokia and Google with the 2.1 being an Android Go device and the 5.1 an Android One device – pure Google Android – just as the maker intended it.
The benefit of that is regular security updates to Android as well as version updates when they come – something the bigger name Android phones struggle with.
- Long-lasting entertainment with a bigger screen and dual front-facing speakers
- The Nokia 2.1’s huge 4,000mAh battery now charges even faster meaning it’s ready to go when you are
- Dual front facing stereo speakers
- Upgraded Qualcomm™ Snapdragon® 425, 64-bit Mobile Platform gives users the 50% faster and smoother performance they crave with fast switching between apps
- The Nokia 2.1 comes with Android Oreo and a new range of apps from Google, designed to run faster while consuming less data
- With Google Assistant for Android (Go Edition), users can quickly send messages, make calls, set alarms and do more, simply by using their voice
Available in Blue/Copper, the Nokia 2.1 will be on sale from Tuesday 4 September 2018 for $199 RRP at Harvey Norman and JB Hi-Fi and $149 on Telstra Prepaid.
- Effortlessly stylish, understated and compact
- The Nokia 5.1 comes with three years of monthly security patches and two years of OS updates, making it one of the most secure phones on the market
- Other Google services include Google Assistant, Google Photos (unlimited storage) and Google Lens
- The Nokia 5.1 comes with a higher resolution 5.5 inch Full HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio
- Upgraded 16MP rear camera with phase detection and 8MP front camera with a wide field of view so users can capture every moment that matters to them
- Device features the latest AI powered innovations from Google to help you stay ahead of the game in your day-to-day
Available in Black 2GB/16GB, the Nokia 5.1 launches into retail on Tuesday 4 September for $329 at Harvey Norman.