It’s hard to believe that the 4K Arlo Ultra camera is now two years old and while many new Arlo products have launched in the meantime, the Arlo Ultra continues to be the top of the range, now replaced by the new Arlo Ultra 2.
At it’s core this is an Arlo Ultra, however almost every feature of the camera is enhanced and improved.
HDR video comes with the 4K resolution, along with the existing 180 degree field of view.
Available later this month, the two camera Arlo Ultra 2 kit will retail for $1049, while a three camera kit is $1,449 and for those of us with existing Arlo systems on an Arlo base-station the camera alone is $449.
Brad Little from Arlo says “Peace of mind should come without compromise which is why we continue to innovate the industry-leading products within the Arlo ecosystem. The Ultra 2 offers enhancements that improve upon its already best-in-class predecessor, providing added flexibility that enables home and business owners to choose the camera that best suits their needs,”
“Ultra 2 expands placement options with enhanced range and connectivity together with an award-winning, wire-free design, a long-lasting rechargeable battery and of course, customised Arlo Smart notifications via the Arlo app, enabling users to confidently take control of their security.”
The full features of the Arlo Ultra 2 wireless spotlight security camera include:
- 4K Video with HDR: Zoom in to see sharp details with 4K and HDR advanced image quality technologies
- Auto Zoom and Tracking: Auto-focus on moving objects with clarity and detail
- 180-Degree Viewing Angle: See more with a wider angle lens that has auto image correction to reduce the fish-eye effect
- Premium Two-Way Audio: Listen and speak to visitors with crystal-clear, two-way audio that reduces wind and noise
- Integrated Spotlight: Light up the night and ward off unwelcome guests
- Built-In Smart Siren: Automatically triggered by motion or audio, or manually triggered via the Arlo App for added protection
- Colour Night Vision: See what’s lurking with colour night vision allowing you to see video in colour rather than traditional black and white
- Enhanced Range: Improved range and connectivity offer maximum flexibility, expanding placement options beyond traditional cameras that require an outlet
- Weather-Resistant Design: Built to withstand heat, cold, rain or sun for seamless installation anywhere
- Rechargeable Battery: Wire-free design boasts up to six months of battery life on one charge**
- Advanced SmartHub: Connect with other smart home devices for simplified management
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Homekit, and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control.
We’ll have a full review, and comparison soon!