Arlo has expanded their range of home security solutions further with the addition of the latest Arlo Pro 4 camera to the lineup.
Packing the features and quality of the Pro 3, this latest iteration follows the trend towards making Arlo cameras direct to WiFi or SmartHub connected.
With the direct to WiFi option, users can purchase the high quality Pro 4 camera, without the need for an Arlo SmartHub base station.
The Arlo Pro 4 features 2K HDR video, across a 160 degree field of view, as well as the spotlight to produce a colour night-vision enhancing your ability to identify people or objects.
Brad Little from Arlo says “Our industry-leading products are designed to deliver peace of mind without compromise. The new Pro 4 features improved connectivity allowing for direct to Wi-Fi installation without the need of a Base Station or SmartHub while existing Arlo users still have the opportunity to add the new cameras to their current system.”
“With Pro 4 we want to offer consumers the option to choose the installation method most suitable for their needs. Couple this feature with customised Arlo Smart notifications via the Arlo app and we enable users to confidently monitor and manage their security”
By adding on an Arlo Smart subscirption, users can receive cloud storage and smart notifications of people, vehicles animals or even packages.
A three month subscription to Arlo Smart is included in the Pro 4 purchase price.
The Arlo Pro 4 kicks off at $369 for a single cam, $699 for a two-camera kit and $1,299 for a four-camera kit,
Here is the complete Arlo Pro 4 Wire-Free Spotlight Camera feature list:
- 2K Video with HDR: See a crystal-clear picture in every detail through Arlo Pro 4’s high-performance lenses
- 160-Degree Viewing Angle: See a wide field of view to keep an eye on what matters most
- Integrated Spotlight: Light up the night and ward off unwelcome guests with an integrated spotlight
- Built-In Smart Siren: Trigger your siren remotely or automatically during an event
- Colour Night Vision: See what’s lurking with colour night vision allowing you to see video in colour rather than traditional black and white
- Two-Way Audio: Listen and speak to visitors with crystal clear, full two-way audio that reduces wind and noise
- Direct to Wi-Fi: Connects directly to Wi-Fi for simple setup allowing it to function as a standalone home security solution without the need for a separate Base Station
- Wire-Free and Weather-Resistant: Wire-free setup and a magnetic mount enables easy installation, while a weather-resistant design allows Pro 4 to be placed indoors and outdoors
- Rechargeable Battery: Rechargeable, removable battery lasts up to six months on one charge**
- Magnetic Charging Cable: Quickly charge camera and easily snap connecting cable into place
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Apple HomeKit,*** Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Samsung SmartThings and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control
- SmartHub/Base Station Optional: Enable local storage recording, cross-trigger other cameras in the ecosystem and enhance camera range and battery life by connecting a compatible Arlo SmartHub or Base Station (VMB4000, VMB4540, VMB4500, VMB5000)