The digital world and how we work within it has changed a lot in the last couple of years and HP has today announced a LOT of new devices designed to “enhance collaboration and creation experiences” so you can work or play wherever you are.
This new hybrid workplace requires people to not only do things differently than they have in the past but also do these different things in various locations. The challenge is to create a powerful work environment that is the same no matter where you are and HP have attempted to do that with their 24 (yes, that is not a typo, 24) new devices announced at CES today.
“The world has been irreversibly changed. We have more freedom to choose where we work, when we work, and how we work. But the way we work is as unique as our own DNA,” said Alex Cho, president, Personal Systems, HP Inc. “HP is innovating to make hybrid work for everyone. Our innovations for the hybrid world provide the power to blend our most productive environments for work and creativity with our most inspired ideas so we can be our best wherever we are.”
HP’s collaboration technology, HP Presence, is now available across more of its portfolio including the ZBook Firefly G9, EliteBook 800 G9 Series PCs, EliteBook 1000 G9 Series PC, and newest Elite Dragonfly PCs. The collaboration technology includes 5MP camera with HP’s auto framing technology. AI-based noise reduction filters, an appearance filter for your just-woken-up- and-still-in-pyjamas appearance and dynamic voice levelling technology, all designed to enhance your online collaboration and meeting experiences.
HP Elite Dragonfly
The new HP Elite Dragonfly devices bring the option of Windows or Chrome with the Elite Dragonfly G3 powered by a 12th Gen Intel processor, Windows 11 and sporting a 13.5-inch clamshell design with a 3:2 display aspect ratio. The G3 starts at under 1kg and is available in Slate Blue to Natural Silver.
The new Elite Dragonfly Chromebook features a 360-degree design and is built to deliver a powerful, cloud-based PC experience making it perfect for working on the go. Note taking is also a breeze with the new Chromebook with the optional magnetic pen that attaches to and charges wireless on the side of the device.
HP has also introduced new conferencing monitors, the E24m, the E27m and the E34m, with an eye to producing a video conferencing experience as if you were a face-to-face meeting. The monitors include a tiltable 5MP privacy webcam and improved lighting sensors, Windows Hello support, noise cancelling microphones and simple USB-C and Works with Chromebook connectivity.
The new HP M24 and M27 webcam monitors are a more basic web conferencing monitor but still include a 5MP webcam, front-firing speakers and noise cancelling mics along with the USB-C and Works with Chromebook connectivity.
Windows 11 Collaboration devices
The range of HP Windows 11 collaboration devices is extensive but includes the:
- Ultrathin HP EliteBook x360 1040 G9 and HP EliteBook 1040 G9 laptops complete with 5MP webcam and 940nm IR camera,
- HP EliteBook 800 G9 Series PCs with a new ultra-slim chassis and 16:10 ratio screen. They include HP Presence technology and an auto tracking 5MP webcam,
- Cost effective but still powerful HP EliteBook 600 G9 Series PCs
- Lightweight HP ProBook 400 G9 Series PCs with upgradeable designed with commercial performance.
Creator-driven devices are important in the current age where creators need to be able to complete their work on various devices in variable environments. The new HP creator devices include the:
- HP ENVY Desktop PC, a new powerhouse PC which includes support for Duet for HP to use your tablet, phone or PC as a second display and HP QuickDrop that lets you easily transfer files between devices. The PC has support for Thunderbolt along with the ability to connect up to four 4K monitors. Specs include Windows 11, a 12th Gen Intel Core i9 processor and upgradeable up to a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti graphics card,
- HP Z2 Mini G9, an extremely powerful mini workstation designed to fit into a space-constrained environment,
- HP Z34c G3 Curved display which is a 34-inch “colour accurate” conferencing display,
- HP Z40c G3 Curved display which incorporates a 4K webcam and Thunderbolt 3 connectivity,
- HP ZBook Firefly 14 G9 and ZBook Firefly 16 G9, the mobile ZBook workstation complete with AI-enhanced webcam and colour-accurate display,
- HP Envy 27-inch All-in-One Desktop PC featuring a 4K resolution and a detachable magnetic camera.
Z2 Mini G9 Z43c
Pricing and Availability
EFTM’s coverage of CES 2022 is supported by Intel, Vodafone, LG, Samsung and Hisense.