Arlo continues to roll out the next generation of their smart home security products with announcements in the US about their latest cameras which we can only assume will make it down under very soon.
The Arlo Pro 5S expands on the huge success of the Pro series over many generation but expands to embrace the new ecosystem of Security Arlo is creating with the Arlo Secure App.
The key differences and advances with the Pro 5S are the support for dual-band WiFi meaning 5GHz WiFi will now be able to be used to pair and connect your cameras, with previous cameras and most of the market using 2.4GHz only.
Tim Johnston head of Product at Arlo said “Pro 5S is hands down the most secure and reliable camera Arlo has engineered to date,”
“Integrating three wireless technologies into one extremely compact form factor ensures users are better equipped to protect their everything. Supporting the overall Pro 5S experience, the redesigned, intuitive Arlo Secure App ensures frictionless access to the most comprehensive monitoring tools available.”
Perhaps critically also, Arlo is claiming 30% more battery life on the Pro 5S over the Pro 4 which is a massive leap thanks to a new low power mode which reduces consumption when you really don’t need it monitoring.
We don’t have a date or price for Australia, but we’d be guessing first quarter 2023 for the Arlo Pro 5S to hit Australia.
Arlo Pro 5S 2K Security Camera features :
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi Support: Automatically connect to the strongest network available between 5 GHz or 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi for the strongest possible connection
- SecureLink Connection: Pair with Arlo Home Security System through Arlo SecureLink for continuous connectivity during internet and power outages, stronger encryption and longer range and battery life
- Increased Battery Life: Up to 30% longer battery life than the Pro 4. Users gain access to an all-new low power mode to charge their camera less often and can connect the camera to Arlo SecureLink-enabled devices to further conserve battery life.
- 2K Video with HDR: High-performance lenses ensure crystal-clear detail in every picture
- 160-Degree Viewing Angle: Keep an eye on what matters most with a wider field of view
- Integrated Spotlight: Light up the night and ward off unwelcome guests
- Built-In Smart Siren: Trigger the siren remotely or automatically during an event
- Color Night Vision: See videos in color rather than traditional black and white
- Two-Way Audio: Listen and speak to visitors with crystal clear, full duplex audio that reduces wind and noise
- Wire-Free and Weather-Resistant: Easily install indoors or outdoors
- Magnetic Connections: Easily add on accessories such as a solar panel charger, waterproof outdoor charging cable, and XL capacity battery/housing
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation, and control