In January 2018, the best and brightest Technology Journalists from around the world will descend on Las Vegas Nevada for the Annual CES tech extravaganza. EFTM will be there too.
We’re looking for a 6th wheel, someone new to join our crew and help us pump out Australia’s most extensive coverage of Tech’s biggest show.
You’ll be given your own beat, a chance to get to some of the biggest brand press conferences, and to some of the smallest events in Las Vegas.
You’ll get to wear your shoes out, eat one maybe two meals a day, and sleep for 4-5 hours per day – at most.
Good news though, our mates at Belkin are going to make sure your devices are charged and protected every step of the way.
It’s bloody hard work, but it’s the most amazing City in the world, it’s the biggest tech show on the planet and we have a whole lot of fun along the way.
This is not a holiday, it’s a chance to show yourself off to the world as a great writer, lover of technology and who knows what the future might hold!
The winner will receive return economy class airfares flying Virgin Australia to the USA, as well as Accommodation (roomies with Geoff!) in Las Vegas and $1,000 spending money – go nuts (your shout for In ‘n Out!) – plus the crew at Belkin will supply a bundle of Belkin goodies to be your ultimate accessory wingman.
How to enter:
This competition will take place in two parts. The first is a set of written submissions. The second is a trial run where we will judge our finalists on their ability to work under pressure!
Round 1: Submit three stories for EFTM. These should be articles about gadgets or announcements we have not yet covered. They should follow the same tone and style as existing EFTM content. We are looking for a TECH Blogger for CES, so the articles should fall into our Tech category.
Submissions should be in WORD format, with Images included within the article as they would appear – a feature image should be chosen and placed at the top of the article before the headline.
Entries close: June 30 2017
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- How to enter information is included below as part of the terms and conditions of entry. To enter the competition submit three examples of written content you think best demonstrate your skills, and understanding of EFTM and our content.
- This is a game of skill, entries are judged on quality, content, understanding of the concept of the competition (To find Australia’s Next Tech Blogger).
- To be eligible to win you must be a permanent resident of Australia, aged 18 or older.
- You must be available to travel to the United States in January 2018 – (window of travel : between 5th and 16th January)
- The personal information collected as part of the entry is collected to enable identification of the winner and for future marketing and promotional purposes by EFTM only. Your details will be held electronically accessible only to members of the EFTM editorial team for marketing purposes. Should you wish to have your name removed from that database at any time following the drawing of the competition, please email editor at eftm dot com dot au.
- You’ll be expected to be available for some quick training on using WordPress, if you are experienced in this area already please note it in your entry
- You will not be compensated directly for your written work – you’re the Intern!
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash (Except the spending money!).
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining winners.
- Judging for the competition will take place on Monday 3 July 2017
- Entry is not open to Employees and direct relatives of employees of Companies related to EFTM (Trevor Long, Chris Bowen, Geoff Quattromani) and any sponsor of the competition
- Finalists will be announced on Facebook, By Friday 7th July
- Should a second round be required to determine the winner, finalists will then be asked to submit additional articles based on a set set of content, criteria and timing.
- Winner will be announced on Facebook, by Friday 21 July 2017
- Total prize value is at least $6500.
- There is one prize only consisting of:
- Return flights to the USA
- Transfer to Las Vegas
- Accommodation in Las Vegas
- $1,000 Spending money
- Belkin pack of accessories (Chargers etc)
- 1 Winner will be chosen on the final day.
- The competition commences when the competition is published on on EFTM – and concludes at 11pm, Friday 30 June 2017. All entries become the property of the promoter.
- The promoter of this competition is EFTM Pty Ltd