Telstra have announced the new Blackberry 9700 (Bold 2) will be available in Telstra Shops from November 24.
Details direct from Telstra below, needless to say this is the obvious device for current BOLD users or any user looking to convert to Blackberry or upgrade to a 3G Smartphone.
From my point of view, the smaller form (closer to the 8900) and the 3.2Mp camera make this a great upgrade.
The only next step would be this very same device combined with a touch screen, allowing for touch navigation on screen, along with the physical keyboard.
Plus, the device ships with operating System 5.0, so this is really a great step forward for existing blackberry users.
Pricing and availability
The BlackBerry Bold 9700 is available from 24 November from Telstra Shops and dealers and online at www.telstra.com. Telstra business and enterprise customers can contact their account executive.
It will be available on a range of plans including:
- A range of Telstra Enterprise & Government Enterprise Fleet Plans.
- Telstra Business plans, including for $0 upfront on a new $85 Mobile PLUS plan from December 1. More information about Mobile PLUS plans.
- Telstra consumer customers can purchase the device for $999 (RRP) on a MRO over 24 months.
What’s it got?
- Sleek design measuring 109 mm x 60 mm x 14.1 mm and weighing only 122 grams
- Sharp 2.44-inch light-sensing display
- Highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard – with finely sculpted keys and chrome frets – for fast, accurate typing
- Touch-sensitive trackpad that allows intuitive and responsive navigation
- Built-in Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
- 3.2 megapixel camera with variable zoom, autofocus, flash and video recording
- Built-in GPS for maps and other location-based applications including Whereis® Navigator
- 3.5 mm stereo headset jack
- Up to 15 hours’ standby time; up to 360 minutes talk time
- 256MB internal flash memory, expandable memory up to 32GB (comes bundled with a 2GB microSD card)
- Bluetooth® 2.0