Yelp has launched in Australia, I talk to them about the site and the product – David Hall from Symantec joins me and shares his tips for a safe Christmas online, I’ve got your calls on New PCs, Getting the most from TV’s and Network storage!
Enjoy! Get in touch – be part of Your Tech Life – call 1800 157 157 and leave a message – a problem with technology, or a question if you need advice on technology,or email me here on the website.[audio:YourTechLife115-podcast.mp3]
Click Continue Reading for David Hall’s 10 Christmas Safety tips
David’s 10 Safe Online Shopping Tips
Snapping up bargains and beating the crowds are both really great reasons to shop online this Gifting Season. These days, shopping online can be very secure, as long as you take some precautions.
There are a few simple things you can do to make sure that you have a safer Online shopping experience.
- Make sure your Security Suite is up to date. There is a brand new version of Norton Internet Security 2012 available, and right now we are working on a brand new version of Norton 360 v6.0 which is in beta right now. We have made it even easier to take control of your Norton at http://manage.norton.com/
- Update your browser and apply any OS patches that are ready for you.
- Shop where others shop.
- Get in early to make sure any Gifts arrive in time.
- Only Shop Secure SSL Web sites, If your e-merchant doesn’t offer SSL security, you should probably shop elsewhere.
- Check out the Free Norton SafeWeb Lite toolbar if you’re not using a Norton to protect your shopping experience. http://safeweb.norton.com/lite