At an event in Sydney last night Nespresso took the wraps off a new coffee machine for their 23 flavour variations made by KitchenAid.
The company famous for their mixers in the kitchen have extended their range further by making a coffee machine that only accepts Nespresso capsules. It has been styled in a similar fashion to other KitchenAid appliances too, so if you own the mixer, this will blend in just fine next to it.
The machine is premium, it has rock solid build quality, just like you’d expect. While being a seriously strong machine it is still bringing some great features from a coffee perspective.
- A simple loading system featuring an elegant, manual lever designed for use with Nespresso’s 23 Grands Crus coffees, sourced from the top 1-2% of the world’s finest coffee beans.
- A functional but stylish, stainless-steel heating element which guarantees precise temperature control, and a removable 1.4 litre water tank which is easy to fill with fresh, filtered water and dishwasher safe.
- A powerful 19-bar pressure pump to ensure maximum flavour extraction from the coffee and the presence of a rich, delicious layer of crema, the essential characteristic of a high quality, authentic cup of espresso.
- Up to six cup-calibrations and an easy-to-read LED indicator, to offer a range of volume and strength options to suit a variety of preferences.
- From power on to being ready to produce your next coffee, the wait time is only 25 seconds.
Not a bad list of features, but not surprising from two kitchen brand giants.
The new Nespresso by KitchenAid machine will be available in Onyx Black, Candy Apple Red, Empire Red, Medallion Silver and Almond Cream and comes standard with an Aeroccino for $799.
With Christmas around the corner consider this, a mixer for the wife and a new Nespresso machine that matches for the husband (or vice versa!).