If you’re hooking up WiFi security cameras in your home or small business, often you’ll need more than one to get a true view of the entire room – D-Link today announced a new camera with a wider angle view meaning just one camera could do the job of two in many cases.
The DCS-960L has real-time viewing capabilities offering a 180 degree angle view. Most WiFi or Home security cameras are a 130 degree angle
With an angle like that it also means the camera could be placed more easily on a mantle or buffet type furniture because you would normally put a camera in a corner to get the best view – with a wider angle lens you can place it on a side wall and get an edge to edge view.
D-Link ANZ MD Graeme Reardon said, “Previously cameras with this advanced level of technology were reserved only for businesses, however, that’s no longer the case. D-Link has been pushing the boundaries of home security products as we know both safety and security are increasingly on people’s agendas. With that in mind it’s fair to say the DCS-960L Wide Eye HD 180˚ Panoramic Camera is a truly groundbreaking new way to achieve the ultimate surveillance of a room from a single device.”
The DCS-960L also has a microSD slot so you can record locally and not use your internet connection or cloud storage for video content.
Full Feature List:
- 180 Degree Field of View – Widest angle lens on a fixed consumer camera, ideal for large rooms and areas with multiple entry points
- HD 720p Quality Video – Rich detail and crisp image quality for monitoring your home
- Unique De-Warping Technology – Maximises video quality with less distortion
- Wireless AC – Latest dual-band Wi-Fi technology for better bandwidth and improved range
- Motion and Sound Detection – Push alerts notify you of detected motion or sound
- Local Recording – 16GB MicroSD card for local recording
- Night Vision – See up to five metres in complete darkness with built-in IR LEDs
RRP for the device is $349.95.