Tragically I get excessively excited over portable power banks. Why? Because on a good day my iPhone 6s is dead by midday. Sure, I’m a heavy user but seriously when is the day coming that a device like that can go the distance.
Anyway, rant over and back to power banks. I’ve owned a slew of them, mostly the smaller cheapo to middle of the range efforts that serve a purpose short term but eventually simply malfunction or prove not capable of suiting my needs.
Cygnett has a range that would make a great Father’s Day gift and given I now fall into that category I thought we’d look at some. I’ve been living with the ChargeUp Digital 10,000mAh Power Bank and lightweight ChargeUp Pocket 2,500mAh for a couple of weeks now. The ChargeUp Digital has proved a revelation. It holds enough charge to keep my phone running for around three days. A handy LED display indicates the power reserve from 100 percent to zero, so you’re never left guessing how much juice is left.
It’s so effective you could say it’s now an extension of the phone itself. The two USB ports also make it possible for the wife to tap into the charge and once empty the supplied micro-USB cable has it back to full after about four hours.
It’s smaller cousin the ChargeUp Pocket 2,500mAh also performs well but more for emergency top-ups rather than all day use. Additionally, it comes with an integrated soft-feel micro-USB cable and micro-USB to Lightening converter.
Cygnett uses the latest in Lithium Polymer battery technology when designing its power banks therefore, holding more charge and providing higher output.
The full range includes:
- ChargeUp Ultra 20,000mAh Power Bank – RRP $129.00,
- ChargeUp Digital 10,000mAh Power Bank – RRP $99.95
- ChargeUp Digital 6,000mAh Power bank – RRP $69.95
- ChargeUp Pocket 4,000mAh Power bank – RRP $59.95
- ChargeUp Digital 4,000mAh Power bank lightning & Integrated Micro-USB cable– RRP $49.95
- ChargeUp Pocket 2,500mAh Power bank with lightening – RRP $49.95
- ChargeUp Pocket 4,000mAh Power Bank – RRP $39.95
- ChargeUp Pocket 2,500mAh Power bank – RRP $29.95
So be it an iPhone, laptop, GoPro, portable speakers and even your Fitbit or Apple Watch these power banks are right up there with the best. Visit www.cygnett.com and leading Australian retailers.