Belkin has announced a new partnership at CES with speaker maker Devialet, who they’ve teamed up with to create a new smart speaker with Google Assistant inside that also includes a wireless charger.
The Soundform Elite speaker relies on the high-end audio nous of Devialet, incorporating their patented Speaker Active Matching (SAM) technology, which ‘perfectly renders the original intent of the content creator with high-fidelity sound reproduction’. The result is a premium, high-fidelity speaker which can play audio up to 90dB SPL of max volume.
Belkins fast wireless charging technology built into the top of the speaker is capable of charging iPhones at 7.5W, Samsung phones at 9W, and Google Pixel phones at 10W.
Steve Malony, SVP, Belkin International said of the speaker
Belkin is excited about the potential that both the SOUNDFORM ELITE™ Hi-Fi Smart Speaker + Wireless Charger and the partnership with Devialet unlock for us as a brand. Our heritage in audio, leadership in fast wireless charging, and Devialet’s acoustic expertise allow us to make products for consumers that are both exceptional and convenient.
SOUNDFORM Elite Specs:
- Colors: Black and White
- Sound Stage: Mono with SAM® by Devialet
- Controls: Play/Pause, Mute, Vol +/-, BT connection
- Microphone: 2 far field microphones for voice control
- SPL Max: 90 dB SPL +/- 3dB
- Full Range Driver Size: 35mm
- Woofer Driver Size: 2 x 70mm, vibration cancelling “Push-Push” configuration
- Woofer Max Input peak Power: 2 x 60watts
- Full Range Max Input peak power: 1 x 30watts
- Frequency Response: 40 – 20,000Hz
- Voice Assistant: Google Assistant
- Bluetooth / Wifi: Bluetooth 5.0 / Wifi 802.11b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz/5Ghz)
- Wireless Charge: Up to 10-watt charge
Belkin and Devialet haven’t announced local pricing, but we’re hearing a $299 USD price tag will be attached when it launches in the US. We’ll be getting local availability and pricing for the Soundform Elite closer to launch.
EFTM’s coverage of CES 2020 is supported by Samsung, Hisense, Sony, Intel, Swann, Uber, Vodafone, LG & Dell - full details of our commercial interests and disclosures are here
Daniel has been talking about, learning about and using tech since he was able to toggle switches and push buttons. If it flashes, turns on or off or connects he wants to use it, talk about it and learn more about it.