When I was a kid, watching the Mazda RX-7 in the Australian Touring Car Championship at Surfers Paradise was a joy. Now the chance to take a stunning new RX concept car around the Nordschleife beckons.
Virtually of course.
As we’re all spending more time at home, we’re also running out of things to play on the Playstation. Enter Mazda and Polyphony Digital, the makers of Gran Turismo Sport.
This weekend, they’re adding the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 Concept for you to drive.
The car is based on the stunning RX-VISION concept car which was revealed at the Tokyo Motor Show in 2015.
That car took the Mazda Kodo design and put it into a rear-wheel drive sports car, using a next gen Rotary “Skyactiv-R” engine.
For the GT3 Concept car, they’ve widened the thread, improved weight distribution, and added aero elements for handling.
It’s certified as an FIA GT3 vehicle in Gran Turismo.
Of course, all this is just make-believe, but damn they put some effort into it!
Want proof? Here are the full specs:
- Length x Width x Height (mm) 4,590 x 2,075 x 1,120
- Wheelbase (mm) 2,700
- Front and rear tread (mm) 1,720 / 1,760
- Vehicle weight (kg) 1,250
- Front and rear weight distribution 48:52
- Engine type Skyactiv-R Naturally aspirated 4-rotor engine
- Displacement (cc) 2,600
- Maximum output (PS / rpm) 570 / 9,000 *
- Maximum torque (Nm / rpm) 540 / 7,500 *
- Drive system Front engine / rear wheel drive (FR)
- Tyres and Wheels Michelin 310 / 700 – 18
Let’s go racing!