Arlo has been releasing cameras for every budget, and every use-case for several years now, and today perhaps the final link in the chain has been announced, a super affordable indoor camera.
At just $159 the Arlo Essential Indoor Camera carries the “Essential” tag, which means it is a standalone camera that connects directly to your WiFi network.
Most importantly, for an indoor camera, the Arlo Essential Indoor comes with a small privacy shield that can simply be slid over the lens of the camera to protect from prying eyes.
You could use this as a Baby monitor, as a view to see what the pets are up to or get alerts for any unwanted visitors.
Video is 1080p, with a 130 degree field of view with full audio and motion detection with full-duplex audio if you want to use the Arlo app for two-way conversations – perhaps talking to your pet while you’re away from home.
“Arlo holds user privacy in the highest regard and the all-new Essential Indoor Camera further supports that commitment,” said Brad Little, Vice President & Managing Director APAC. “Unlike competitive indoor monitoring solutions, we designed the Essential Indoor Camera with a clearly visible privacy shield, easily differentiating it from the camera face so users can distinguish at a glance when the privacy mode is activated. This thoughtful design element provides added peace of mind, so users can quickly identify whether or not the camera is capable of recording.”
The Arlo Essential Indoor Camera completes the set for any Arlo household.
Here are the features of the Arlo Essential Indoor Camera:
- Automated Privacy Shield: Ensure your moments are private when needed by closing the automated privacy shield
- Full High Definition Camera: Capture clear details in full high definition with the ability to record video in 1080p
- Motion Detection and Alerts: Alerts sent directly to your phone when motion is detected
- 2-Way Audio: Hear and speak to visitors clearly with superior audio quality
- Night Vision: See at night, even without a light thanks to black and white night vision that turns on automatically once it’s dark
- Built-in Siren: Siren can be triggered automatically or manually from the app
- 130° Viewing Angle: Keep an eye on more of what matters with a wider field-of-view
- Platform Compatibility: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT for easy interaction, automation and control