Skullcandy is an audio brand known for producing great sound at an affordable price. Today they have announced their new Skull-IQ technology which gives users the ability to use their headphones completely hands-free. The innovative technology debuts on their two new models, the Push Active Sport True Wireless and the Grind True Wireless Earbuds.
The new Skull-IQ voice command technology is initiated using the triggering voice command “Hey Skullcandy”. The various commands can then be used to control your audio experience on the supported headphones. The commands include:
- Play/pause content
- Accept or reject calls
- Turn on or off Stay-Aware Mode
- Launch Spotify
The “Hey Skullcandy, Spotify” voice command enables the ability to access music and podcasts – this feature can also be activated by pressing a button on the earbuds. Skull-IQ also makes it easier for the user to issue audio commands to their device’s personal voice assistant.
The new Skull-IQ feature debuts on the new Push Active Sport and the Grind true wireless earbuds. Both headsets also offer the following features:
- OTA updates via the Skullcandy app
- Premium audio quality with dual noise-reducing microphones and noise isolation
- Long battery life – up to 44 hours for the Push Active and up to 40 hours for the Grind
- USB-C rapid charging case – 10 minutes of charging offers two hours of battery life
- Bluetooth 5.2 for longer, stronger Bluetooth signal
- IP55 sweat and water resistance
- Built-in Tile finding technology
EFTM’s coverage of CES 2022 is supported by Intel, Vodafone, LG, Samsung and Hisense.