Amongst the bright lights of CES Sony has announced their lineup of Bravia XR TVs for 2022. The new lineup features XR Backlight Master Drive technology to control the Mini LED backlight for an increased brightness.
The new XR Backlight Master Drive technology is featured in the 0 and X95K models and is powered by powered by their Cognitive Processor XR to apply the XR Backlight Master Drive’s local dimming algorithm to control the Mini LEDs with precision and independence. The same processor powers the A95K’s new OLED panel combined with XR Triluminous Max to deliver Sony’s widest colour palette.
Other features in the new models include Acoustic Surface Audio+ in the OLED models and Acoustic Multi Audio for the LED models, Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode to adjust image processing based on the ambient light and BRAVIA CORE Calibrated Mode to adjust the image quality on screen to match the video creator’s original vision. One feature I am looking forward to is the finder function where a misplaced remote control will ring after you ask the TV to find the remote.
All of the 2022 Bravia XR TVs will be designated “Perfect for Playstation 5” with two gaming features included: Auto HDR Tone Mapping and Auto Genre Picture Mode. The same TVs will also come equipped with Google TV for access to a large ecosystem of apps, games and streaming services.
The new Bravia Cam (optional accessory) will be able to function using Google TV video apps for video calling etc but also will work with the TV system for gesture navigation and to optimise the picture on the TV based not just on the ambient lighting but also on where those watching are sitting.
The new TVs announced include:
- MASTER Series A95K OLED TV – available in 65-inch only but comes equipped with a new OLED panel that boosts colour brightness by up to 200% and is compatible with the new Bravia Cam for gesture controls, video chat and more.
- X95K 4K Mini LED TV – available in 85-, 75- and 65-inch sizing arrives with Sony’s new Mini LED backlight for high brightness and deep blacks along with the XR Triluminous Pro colour booster.
- MASTER Series A90K OLED TV – with a standard OLED panel this model is available in 42- and 48-inch sizing.
- A80K OLED TV – a slight downgrade over the A90K model above it still arrives with an OLED panel and the software to enhance the picture in all situations, boosting colour and contrast. Add in Google TV and its availability in 77-, 65- and 55-inch sizing and you have a great TV option.
- X90K 4K LED TV – The full array LED panel included in this TV still comes with XR Triluminous Pro and XR Contrast Booster for a rich colour and deep blacks. It still has Bravia Cam compatibility and Google TV included and is available in 85-, 75-, 65- and 55-inch sizes.
The recommended retail pricing and availability of the above models in Australia will be furnished in the coming months. For more information on any of the above models head on over to the Sony Bravia XR TVs website.
EFTM’s coverage of CES 2022 is supported by Intel, Vodafone, LG, Samsung and Hisense.