With the absolute greatest of respect to the many fantastic companies in the Digital Radio market so far in Australia. We have, for some time, lacked some big Names.
Grundig was good, Yamaha is there with a top end unit, Sanyo Hitting the market was a good boost, but today, SONY announced a new Micro Hi-Fi DAB+ radio availabe in Australia
Full details and pricing follows.
According to SONY, their Micro HiFi system features:
- Digital Radio (DAB+) and FM tuner – Get more listening choices with the built-in DAB and FM tuner, with 40 station presets
- Integrated iPod® Dock – Play all your music from your iPod® music library
- Stereo sound quality – Superior sound with 10W RMS power and a full range speaker system
- Easy to use – Simple menu functions and key layout, plus remote control for operating freedom
- CD Playback – Top loading CD player with shuffle, repeat and program functions
- MP3 / Portable audio input – Connect your digital music player and play MP3s at full volume with great sound quality
Best of all – it’s Available now at a SRP of $279 inc GST
Not a bad price for all that.
I haven’t yet tested the unit, and look forward to doing so.
This is a great endorsement of Digital Radio in Australia, and the sign of more to come.
Trev is a Technology Commentator, Dad, Speaker and Rev Head.
He produces and hosts two popular podcasts, EFTM and Two Blokes Talking Tech. He also appears on over 50 radio stations across Australia weekly, and is the resident Tech Expert on Channel 9’s Today Show each day and appears regularly on A Current Affair.
Father of three, he is often found down in his Man Cave.