Creating a tasty yet healthy meal in the middle of the week can be an impossible thought. It is so easy to grab a pizza or roast chicken but bear with us, this will be a better option and will give you leftovers for the next day too.
- Two cups of rice
- One large carrot
- One large zucchini
- One bunch of broccolini
- One red capsicum
- 200g of mushrooms
- Two cloves of garlic
- One brown onion
- 500g of diced lamb
- Mongolian Sauce (yes we are cheating slightly)
Making it happen
1. Before you start chopping anything up, get the rice cooker going. We are using a new Panasonic model which has easy settings for rice and measurements. Add the rice, add the water and get it going. It is good to know your rice cooker at this point to know when to start cooking, but you can do step 2 now regardless.
2. All those vegetables listed above – cut them. Ideally slices rather than butchered. Discard the ends of the zucchini, the stems of the broccolini, the heart of the capsicum and the peel of the onion.
3. This step will take around ten minutes so try and do this right before your rice is ready. Warm up the stove with a tablespoon of oil and add the onion first, wait a minute and then add the lamb.
4. Toss it all around and once it all looks sealed add the remaining vegetables and keep it all stirring. See why it is called “Stir Fry”?
5. Add all of the sauce into the pan and toss until everything looks covered. Mongolian sauce is a little black so don’t worry about the colour too much.
6. Now that the rice is ready, start serving. I am the sorta guy that likes more meat/sauce/veg than rice but do with it whatever you like!
7. Pack left overs into containers and enjoy that tomorrow at work.
Living in Sydney his entire life, Geoff has always had a close eye on technology. Through school and immediately after, tech held his focus. Attending University later in life, Geoff began his IT career immediately after leaving high school and has been in the industry ever since. In his spare time he launched a YouTube channel focused on consumer tech that had millions of views. This led to work on community radio talking tech every week and has now stepped him into the studios of 2GB / 4BC every Saturday helping people with tech problems and reviewing the latest gadgets.
When Geoff is looking away from the screen he can be found holding a glass of red wine, spending time with friends and/or watching the Formula 1.