When a Hyundai Tucson can get a five-star ANCAP safety alongside a higher-priced German luxury SUV – what makes the prospective buyer choose the German Luxury over the affordable mid-range vehicle? There’s a few reasons, and I think the same applies in many product markets – including Headphones.
Enter the PRYMA Luxury Headphones. Hand-crafted in Italy these headphones have a more luxurious look and feel than the hip-hop inspired bling you might find at half the price.
At $899 they aren’t cheap. But that makes them unique. I make no apology for buying my first BMW 3 series for the same reason – it was a little more unique on the streets than anything else, so I paid more for the pleasure.
Now that 3 Series drove better and was better appointed too – but it got me from A to B in the same manner.
When you open your PRYMA headphone box you’ll be blown away by the approach. The two ear-phones are separated, able to them be threaded into the headband with the quality cable inserted into each.
They sit gently around your ears, not pressed onto them, right around them.
The sound is not deep or bass dominated, its clean and crisp. Again talking to the type of music consumed by the buyer.
Available in five different designs (Coffee & Cream, Pure Black, Heavy Gold, Rose Gold & Dark Grey and Carbon Marsala) they offer a huge choice for opulence over the bold colours of many others.
If you want the technical details – here’s the detail provided by the Australian distributors Synergy Audio
- Circum aural, closed
- Transducers: 2 x 40mm dynamic drivers feature lightweight Mylar diaphragm and Nd magnet
- Impedance: 32 ohm at 1 kHz
- Frequency range: 10-25.000 kHz
- Distortion: 0.1% at 90dBspl (THD)
- Rated Input power: 120 mW (short term max power)
- Sensitivity: 118 dB SPL at 1 kHz with 1 mW
- Inputs: 2 x jack mono 2.5mm (on headphones) 1 x jack stereo 3.5mm (on cable)
- Detachable earpads
- Interchangable headband
- Connection cables made of 99.99% oxygen-free Copper for minimised distortion and exalted dynamicity of sound output
- Dimensions: H205 x W186 x D73 mm
- Weight: 355 grams
- Cable length: 1.3 metres
At this price, they’re not for everyone, in fact, they’re for a select few. But like a fine driving Luxury car, they are made to be enjoyed.