Reporting from Las Vegas, Carnival Corporation have announced a major overhaul in the guest experience onboard their cruise ships. The ships in question include Princess Cruises.
We have written about cruising before but not from a technology perspective. Today we are absolutely thrilled to be able to.
The new guest experience is based around a new and world first interactive guest experience to be the first interactive platform capable of transforming vacation travel into a personalise service.
The company unveiled the Ocean Medallion, a first of its kind, wearable. This device enables a personal concierge by bridging the physical and digital dimensions. This isn’t just NFC tap to pay either, it includes a tracker to quickly find your kids or loved ones, food and beverages on demand, plenty of interactive games and personalised entertainment experiences.
Guests on the cruises will be able to:
- streamline and expedite the port embarkation and disembarkation process
- allow guests to access their staterooms as they approach the door (no keycard required)
- locate friends and family around the cruise ship
- enable guests to purchase merchandise without any transaction, cards or paper
- deliver enhanced dining experiences based on food and beverage preferences
- power an array of interactive gaming and immersive entertainment experiences
- significantly enhance interactions with crew members and guest
If you’ve ever cruised before you would get a guest card to pay for additional food or alcohol, experiences etc. It was also your room key. This medallion goes a long way beyond replacing that and adding some great new benefits.
As lovers of cruising we cannot wait to see this one in action.