So you’ve got your big arse 4K TV on the wall, you’re waiting desperately to see just what Foxtel can dish up in 4K after their announcement a couple of months ago – but you don’t know yet what it’s going to be?
We’ve looked forward in time to give you a rundown of just what’s coming and when in the first week of this revolutionary broadcast TV channel in Australia.
Foxtel CEO Patrick Delaney said at the announcement that at launch the channel would feature “Documentaries, Movies and Music” among other things.
What he surely knew then but left for a later announcement was the huge news that Australia’s first Live 4K broadcast sporting event would not only be on the 4K channel, but kick things off.
So, that’s where things start. This Sunday morning at 10.10am the Top Ten shootout from Mt Panorama will be replayed in full on Channel 444 in glorious 4K.
Immediately after that things get serious with the full 161 lap Bathurst 1000 broadcast live.
After Bathurst though, things get into a bit of a rotating groove. We’ve listed below all the unique programs we could find, anything listed is a premiere on the channel. Any gaps in time are filled by repeats of programs already listed below.
As you can see, it’s a diverse list – from the simple documentary series “How It’s Made” to nature docos, clearly a tentpole series in Planet Earth II each weeknight evening at 7.30pm and some cracking music.
Rolling Stones, Olly Murs, Elvis Costello and so much more.
And there’s one movie too – you’ll wait until Saturday Night for that, but Tom Cruise’s Jack Reacher should make for great viewing.
So, here’s the full list – as best we could establish:
Sunday 7 October
- 10.10am-11.10am – Bathurst 1000 Top Ten Shootout (Replay)
- 11.10am-5.30pm – Bathurst 1000 Race (LIVE)
- 5.30pm-7.30pm – The Rolling Stones – Havana Moon (Stones Concert in Havana Cuba, their first concert there – Filmed in 2016)
- 7.30pm-7.55pm – Wild Wild East (S1E1 – Foxes) (Documentary)
- 7.55pm-8.30pm – X Ambassadors (American Rock Band)
- 8.30pm-10.15pm – The Big Wave Project (Documentary about the worlds biggest waves)
- 10.15pm-11.10pm – Machine Gun Kelly (US Rapper)
- 11.10pm-Midnight – Animal Empires (S1E1 – Family) (Documentary)
Monday 8 October
- 8.10am-8.35am – How It’s Made (S15E1 – Skateboard Wheels, Baklava & Galactoboureko, CO2 Scrubbers, Honeycomb Candles)
- 8.35am-9.30am – Brazil Untamed (S1E1 – Monkey Garden)
- 4.05pm-5.00pm – Borns (Music)
- 5.00pm-6.00pm – Spy in the Wild (S1E1 – Love) (Documentary)
- 6.00pm-6.55pm – One Wild Day (S1E1 – Deserts) (Documentary)
- 7.30pm-8.30pm – Planet Earth II (S1E1) (Documentary)
- 8.30pm-9.20pm – Deadly Australians (S1E1 – Forests) (Documentary)
- 9.20pm-10.15pm – Deadly Australians (S1E2 – Wetlands) (Documentary)
- 10.15pm-11.10pm – Raw Sremmurd (US Hip Hop Duo)
Tuesday 9 October
- 4.00pm-5.00pm – Matt Kearney (Music)
- 5.00pm-5.55pm – Wild Japan (S1E1 Honshu)
- 5.55pm-7.00pm – Take That: Live in Hyde Park (2016)
- 7.00pm-7.30pm – How it’s Made (S15E2 – Nuno Felt, Drum Crushers, Kimichi & Parquet Floors)
- 7.30pm-8.30pm – Planet Earth II (SqE2 – Mountains)
- 8.30pm-9.20pm – Macro Worlds (S1E1 – Winter is coming)
- 9.20pm-10.15pm – Macro Worlds (S1E2 – Meadow of Horror)
- 10.15pm-Midnight – Sting: Live at the Olympia Paris (2017)
Wednesday 10 October
- 4.00pm-5.00pm – Brazil Untamed (S1E2 – Bird Paradise)
- 5.00pm-6.00pm – Spy in the Wild (S1E2 – Intelligence)
- 6.00pm-6.55pm – One Wild Day (S1E2 – Grasslands)
- 6.55pm-7.30pm – Olly Murs: Live From Hyde Park (Music)
- 7.30pm-8.30pm – Planet Earth II (S1E3 – Jungles)
- 8.30pm-9.20pm – Big Beasts: Last of the Giants (S1E1 – The Americas)
- 9.20pm-10.10pm – Big Beasts: Last of the Giants (S1E2 – Australia and Asia)
- 10.10pm-11pm – Animal Empires (S1E2 – Rebuilding an Emipre)
- 11.00pm-11.30pm – Corrine Bailey Rae: Live from Hyde Park (Music)
- 11.30pm-Midnight – How It’s Made (S15E4 – Thermoplastic Fire Helmets, Basketry Sculptures and Coffee Roasters)
Thursday 11 October
- 4.00pm-5.00pm – Brazil Untamed (S1E3 – Peccary party)
- 5.00pm-5.50pm- Wild Japan (S1E2 – The Southwest Islands)
- 7.30pm-8.30pm – Planet Earth II (S1E4 – Deserts)
- 8.30pm-10.30pm – Elvis Costello: Detour Live at Liverpool (2015)
- 11.30pm-Midnight – How It’s Made (S15E5 – Office Chairs, Vinobrew, Reconditioned Sander Drums, Lithographs)
Friday 12 October
- 4.00pm-5.00pm – Brazil Untamed (S1E4 – Jaguar Den)
- 5.00pm-6.00pm – Spy in the Wild (S1E3 – Friendship)
- 6.00pm-6.55pm – One Wild Day (S1E3 – Jungles)
- 7.30pm-8.30pm – Planet Earth II (S1E5 – Grasslands)
- 8.30pm-10.00pm – Flats (2017)
- 10.00pm-10.30pm – Wild Wild East (S1E2 – Rivers)
- 10.30pm-11.35pm – British Summer Time 2016 (Concert featuring Stevie Wonder, Carole King, Take That at Hyde Park)
- 11.35pm-Midnight – How it’s Made (S15E6 – Fireplace Bellows, Calissons and Driving Watercraft)
Saturday 13 October
- 4.00pm-5.00pm – Brazil Untamed (S1E5 – Cat Country)
- 6.00pm-6.55pm – Wild Japan (S1E3 – Hokkaido)
- 6.55pm-8.30pm – Space’s Deepest Secrets
- 8.30pm-10.20pm – Eric Clapton: Slowhand at 70
- 10.20pm-11.10pm – Big Beasts: Last of the Giants (S1e3 – Africa)
- 11.10pm-11.45pm – Pharrell Williams: Live from Hyde Park
- 11.45pm-12.10am – How it’s Made (S14E7 – Artist Brushes, Def Tank Heaters, Game Tables, and Art Glass Wall Sconces)
Sunday 14 October:
- 4.05pm-5.00pm – Brazil Untamed (S1E6 – Amazon Monkeys)
- 6.10pm-7.00pm – Shark Bait (2017 Documentary)
- 7.00pm-8.30pm – Muse: Live at Rome Olympic Stadium (2013)
- 8.30pm-10.40pm – Jack Reacher (Tom Cruise Movie)
- 10.40pm-11.40pm – Animal Empires (S1E3 – Invasion)