They just keep coming the mobile phones and the mobile phone companies. Against millions of sales for Apple and Samsung there must be an appetite for difference if so many companies can continue to roll out new handsets in Australia.
Available online at Motorola from today, and in-store from July 22 the “One Vision” device comes with a solid night mode enhancement for low light photography thanks to the 48MP sensor on board.
The screen is a bit epic at 21:9 ratio and 6.3 inches with a hole-punch cut out for the front camera.
Under the hood is an Octa-Core processor with “embedded deep-learning AI capabilities” so it’s ticking all the right boxes.
Danny Adamopoulos from Motorola in Australia says “We are excited to continue Motorola’s legacy of delivering meaningful products alongside the latest smartphone innovations with the launch of the highly anticipated motorola one vision in Australia. The device delivers a best-in-class night-time photography and superior viewing experience with Motorola’s unique night vision imaging technology at an unbeatable price point for consumers.”
Online orders are now available via Motorola and if you want to get a look you’ll have to wait until next week when it’s In-Store at JB Hi-Fi.
The key features – as presented by Motorola to us are:
- 48 MP sensor with Night Vision. Shoot amazing photos even in the dark with Quad Pixel technology, optical image stabilisation and Night Vision mode.
- 6.3” CinemaVision FHD+ display. Enjoy an ultrawide, cinematic experience (21:9) alongside the world’s first in-screen, punch-hole camera.
- 25 MP selfie camera. Quad Pixel technology enables 4x better low-light sensitivity from the front camera for picture-perfect selfies.
- AI-powered innovations. Enjoy professional looking photography powered by the deep learning capabilities of an octa-core processor.
- Secure and up to date. Stay protected with 3 years of ongoing security updates, plus guaranteed software upgrades to the latest version of Android One.
- 128 GB storage: Save tons of photos and movies without compromising speed, thanks to Universal Flash storage (UFS).
- All-day battery. Go a full day on a single charge. With turbopower fast charging, you’ll get 7 hours of power after a 15 minute charge.
Trev is a Technology Commentator, Dad, Speaker and Rev Head.
He produces and hosts two popular podcasts, EFTM and Two Blokes Talking Tech. He also appears on over 50 radio stations across Australia weekly, and is the resident Tech Expert on Channel 9’s Today Show each day and appears regularly on A Current Affair.
Father of three, he is often found down in his Man Cave.