Bringing home the bacon may be a silly idiom, but according to Menulog Aussies have a love affair with the salt-cured stuff. There’s a lot of days set aside for many a hot topic or cause but to celebrate International Bacon Day this Saturday, Menulog has revealed some interesting insights.
It reckons close to half a million bacon dishes were ordered during just one year. Victoria are the bacon eating capital, taking out the title of ‘most bacon orders made on Menulog’ crown.
This obviously is reason to chuck a party, so Menulog has partnered with Pizza Hut, Hungry Jacks and Red Rooster to create new menu items and exclusive offers available for one whole month – staring this Saturday.
New South Wales was a close second, accounting for one in three bacon orders on Menulog.
The top five offending suburbs include:
- Frankston (VIC) saw more than 22,000 bacon orders, with local restaurant favourites being T-mans Pizza and Victoria’s Pizza & Beyond
- Penrith (NSW) ordered more than 18,000 bacon items, with local restaurant favourites being Vespa Pizzeria and Nepean Pizza
- Morphett Vale (SA) saw more than 6,000 bacon orders, with local restaurant favourites being Hilltop Pizzeria and Bella Pizza
- Alkimos (WA) saw more than 6,000 bacon orders, with local restaurant favourites being Alkimos Pizza and Perfect Pizza
- Caboolture (QLD) more than 6,000 bacon orders, with local restaurant favourites being Pizza In A Hurry and Carlos Naples Pizza
Our love of Meat Lovers pizza helps bacon get over the line!
During ‘Bacon Month’ new items will pop up like, mouth-watering new bacon pizzas from Pizza Hut, including the Mega Meatlovers Bacon Pizza and Creamy Chicken Bacon Pizza
Two Hungry Jacks Baconators for a whopping deal of $15 (usually $10.15 each)
50% off the BBQ Bacon Burger Share Pack at Red Rooster, which includes four Double BBQ Bacon Burgers and Family Chips.
So put some bacon on your fork.