It’s like I’ve had this article in draft for years, and finally, we can publish it. Westpac customers can now add their cards to their Apple Digital Wallet – ApplePay.
- 2,057 Days since Apple announced ApplePay
- 1,623 Days since American Express launched ApplePay in Australia
- 1,461 Days since ANZ became the first of the big four banks to launch ApplePay in Australia
- 1,373 Days since Westpac, NAB, Commonwealth and others launched action with the ACCC to seek to collectively negotiate with Apple over the use of ApplePay
- 1,125 Days since the ACCC rejected the banks request
- 461 Days since Commonwealth Bank launched ApplePay for customers
- 343 Days since NAB launched ApplePay for customers
Today, Westpac Customers can hit “Add Card” and start tapping and going all over the place with their iPhone, Apple Watch and Online where ApplePay is accepted.
Despite making Digital Wallet technology (Google Pay and Samsung Pay) years ago for their customers, it took Westpac this long.
Well done, About time.
Nothing more to say really is there, it’s 2020, this really isn’t news.