When we started the PRIVATE FEED of the Two Blokes podcast, we didn’t quite know what we were getting into. Be that from an audience perspective, content perspective, or technical.
This is all very new, so it’s not 100% perfect yet. But, thanks to our loyal listeners, some people have worked it out.
Most importantly, it requires you to be using Pocketcasts – this is the best method we can find for reliably downloading the Private shows:)
If you want access – sorry, we’re all full. But in time, we’ll see if we can open it up to more!
Here’s the step by step guide, thanks to our mate CRAIG who wrote this for us!
Adding “Two Blokes Talking Tech” Private Feed to Pocketcasts
This is how I did it on a PC, using Chrome. With an Android Phone (process should be similar or identical on the iPhone version of Pocketcasts)
- Open the E-Mail from Whooshkaa and click on the “Listen and Subscribe Now” button.
- On the page that opens, right-click on the “RSS” link button and select “Copy Link Address” or “Copy Link” depending on the Browser you are using.
- Go to https://www.pocketcasts.com/submit/
- In the “Enter Your Podcast Feed URL” text box, paste in the link you copied in the previous step.
- Select Private and click the “Submit” button.
- You will get an address displayed, take a note of it – I would suggest copy and paste it into a notepad file for the time being.
- On your Android Phone, open Pocket Casts and delete the current Two Blokes feed. This is done by clicking on the Two Blokes feed, pressing the green tick and then pressing Unsubscribe.
- On your Android Phone, type in the URL from the Pocket Casts site into your browser. The Pocket Casts page will load, looking similar to the image below. Tap the orange “Open in Pocket Casts” button.
- Once Pocket Casts open, you will see the below page, tap on Subscribe as normal, and you should see a green tick replace the subscribe button, and the episodes listed as normal.