Google has continually expanded their AR offerings in recent years including Aussie animals and the latest is Olympic-themed giving you the chance to view one of a select number of Olympic athletes in action and in 3D.
While the athletes represented do not include any Australians, they do include athletes that are not from the US. The athletes included are:
- Alexander Massialis (USA – fencing)
- Simone Biles (USA – gymnastics)
- Megan Rapione (USA – soccer)
- Leticia Bufoni (Brazil – skateboarding)
- Dina Asher-Smith (GB – track)
- Naomi Osaka (Japan – tennis)
- P.V. Sindhu (India – badminton)
- Niklas Kaul (Germany – decathlon)
- Caeleb Dressel (USA – swimming)
Each AR athlete includes a few moves that you can have their figure perform such as serving, rally and a tennis shot for Naomi Osaka and freestyle and butterfly strokes and a dive start for Caeleb Dressel.
To get the AR athletes to show up in your search simply perform a Google Search for the athlete in question, scroll down and if your device supports AR then the option will appear for you to view that athlete in 3D.
With many of us hit with Olympic fever this is yet another way to get into the Olympic mood. If you have a phone that supports Google AR get Googling and check it out.