Arlo is on an innovation and development run with new products and services launching to expand wider than their current “security camera” solutions, with a home security system launching in America today, and news that their personal safety app Arlo Safe is coming to Australia.
The Arlo Safe product is all about personal safety and peace of mind with an App that allows for alerts to emergency services and family members and a physical device that can be worn or carried to do the same.
Aimed at the dark city streets which for the most part in Australia are safe, but there have been some shocking incidents over the course of time and most importantly for some just having the freedom to get out and go for a stroll in the evening isn’t something they will do without some form of personal safety protection.
Using the all-new Arlo Safe app, you can get help with the touch of a button, as well as sharing your location with close family. The App also has crash detection built-in so alerts can be sent if you are in an accident.
Tim Johnston from the Arlo Product team says “With Arlo Safe, we’re leveraging Arlo’s award-winning expertise around smart home security and intuitive, easy-to-use design to deliver the most secure, comprehensive safety app that keeps pace with our modern, busy lives,”
“Features like 24/7 live agent emergency support, location sharing, family check-ins, and safety alerts provide on-the-go protection to keep you safe in a time of need.”
At launch in the US the app will feature:
- One-TouchEmergency Response –Access live safety experts 24/7 to rapidly send fire, police, or medical responders directly to the user’s exact location
- Live agents speak directly with users and stay on the line until help arrives.
- App provides first responders with critical details to help prepare for the emergency situation while they are in transit
- FamilySafety–Never miss a moment with the ability to know where opt-in family members have been, see their current location, or send help directly to them in an emergency situation
- Send Check-In Requests to a family member or send help directly to them
- Set up common places such as Home, Office, or School to receive notifications when family members leave or arrive, and get alerted when they travel outside of a designated area
- Quickly send an SMS/text message to emergency contacts or send emergency services directly to a family member in need
- Crash Detection and Response –Advanced impact detection expedites emergency response in the event of a vehicle accident by sharing appropriate location and medical information with first responders
- Enable event audio and video recordings to share critical details with police following an incident
- Coverage works in any vehicle, including rental cars, or when traveling with friends and family
Additionally, the optional Arlo Safe Button allows for rapid notification of an emergency with the press of a button in your pocket or on a keyring etc.
The button is an optional extra, as are the services within the Arlo App with an annual “family safe” plan the likely best option all round for personal safety.
No word on just when this will come to Australia, and when it does what limitations might exist regarding the 24/7 support line or emergency services contact – but all will be revealed in due course.
If you’re keen on Arlo Safe, head to the Arlo website and sign up to their mailing list for more information when it comes!