BigPond Movies has done a survey of 1,250 men and has released its findings. According to the movie rental service, men are hiding their true feelings towards certain types of films, mainly their love for chick flicks.
Don’t shoot the messenger, we’re just passing on the news. And despite this writer admitting to a few chick flick favourites, he did not take part in the survey and would have lied in response if he did. While 1,250 men is hardly representative of Australia, especially if they came from one specific location, this is what the BigPond Movie survey found:
1. Nearly one in four men have confessed they’ve watched Grease more than five times. Men were more likely to re-watch the movie more than expected picks such as; A Few Good Men, Forrest Gump, The Matrix, The Godfather and Top Gun.
2. When it comes to favourite movie moment of all time, men voted for Keanu Reeves dodging bullets in The Matrix, followed by Sally ‘faking it’ in a crowded New York Deli in When Harry Met Sally and the ‘hair gel’ scene in There’s Something about Mary.
3. Men voted beefed up Schwarzenegger’s “I’ll be back” from The Terminator as their favourite movie quote of all time, followed by “Life is like a box of chocolates” from Forrest Gump.
4. The nation’s men voted their favourite movie of 2011 The Hangover, Part II followed by Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2.
5. Men are bigger movie watchers than women, with nearly one in three stating they watch up to two movies per week.
So there you have it, something to think about while you put another snag on the barbie this Australia Day. You love Grease and can’t get enough of that weird wizard.