Pernod Ricard Winemakers may not be a company you’ve heard of, however you’ve definitely heard about their beverage brands. Here are a few…
- Jacob’s Creek
- St Hugo
- Church Road
- Kenwood Vineyards
- Campo Viejo
Not to mention Chivas Regal, G.H. Mumm, Absolut Vodka and others that sit under the Pernod Ricard umbrella.
Anyway, this giant beverage company is looking for some new recruits, and while EFTM isn’t a job board website, we had to find out more about this role and ensure people knew about it. Pernod Ricard are looking for people to join their Wine Ambassador Program.
The program itself is broken up into two stages, each offering the graduates a unique insight into the world of wine, and the Pernod Ricard Winemakers’ portfolio. Once selected for the program, participants are invited to undertake a four-month training program that sees them introduced to all aspects of wine, including tasting and viticulture, and to have the opportunity to visit wineries and vineyards across Australia, New Zealand, Spain and the USA. To ensure that the business is supporting leaders of the future, graduates are also mentored in business and professional skills, receiving training in finance, marketing, consumer insights and business development to prepare them for a multitude of roles across then business.
Alicia Partridge, Graduate Program Manager, for Pernod Ricard told us that “This program offers those with an interest and passion for wine and wine culture an incredible experience. If I had to say what the top five things about the Graduate Program was, it would be:
- An amazing, once in a lifetime experience to get dedicated support and training in some of the world’s most renowned and stunning wineries.
- The opportunity to learn from industry experts who are at the top of their field across a range of fields and countries.
- The opportunity to be a part of a large international organisation that focuses on you and your talent – helping to raise your profile and develop your career in the global wine industry.
- The chance to be involved with an enthusiastic, engaged, and passionate team. Whether you’re a wine novice or a natural, you will end this program with some incredible relationships and experiences built around sharing the journey with your fellow graduates.
- They get to explore the world of wine. Its living the dream.”
A few of the existing people in the Graduate Program gave us an update as to where they are at the moment. Ambar Maddox told EFTM that “As a Wine Ambassador for Pernod Ricard Winemakers, right now it’s my job to be onsite at Byron Bay Blues Festival to launch one of our new wine brands.” Wojciech Cyran has “been creating food and wine videos with celebrity chefs like Mateusz from Junior Master Chef. He is a great guy and we get to eat the food he cooks after the filming is done which is a bonus. This is of course enjoyed with a glass of Australia’s finest” and Darcy Wilkosz was sitting in the airport enroute to a beautiful island called Penang off the coast of Malaysia to launch Spanish Wine Brand – Campo Viejo. Not bad!
Applications are now open for the 2018 Future Vintage. When asked what advice they had for future graduates thinking about applying to the program, Kate Bedwell, Assistant Brand Manager, Pernod Ricard Winemakers Sydney replied;
“Show that you’re willing to put in the effort and commitment with a really great application video. Although you may be nervous to embark on a new adventure, you will look back at this as the best decision you’ve ever made.”